Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Crock-pot Chicken Spaghetti

So I decided I wanted to make chicken spaghetti.... but without the Velveeta, so basically healthy[er]. However, my bright idea stopped when I tried to involve the Jalapenos...

A few things I learned while making this dinner:

  1. Wal-Mart Jalapenos are HOT and should not be consumed raw.... or you will wind up with burns...
  2. Shredded cheese contains potato starch (to keep it from sticking) and will not melt as creamy as freshly grated cheese

Crock-Pot Chicken Spaghetti

Ingredients:

3 cups chopped/shredded cooked chicken (I had left over grilled chicken to use)
12 oz spaghetti, cooked al dente
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz cream cheese (or Neufchâtel Cheese as I used)
8 oz freshly grated Colby-Jack Cheese
1 can Mild Tomatoes & Green Chilies (aka Rotel)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup of wanter
2 Tbsp of parsley
1 Tbsp of basil 
Salt, Pepper, & Tony's to taste

Directions:

Saute the onions, pepper, garlic, and celery in a little olive oil until soft. Cook the pasta 3-4 minutes less than the box says, or until al dente. 

Combine all the ingredients into a crock-pot and let cook on low for 2-3 hours!

Turned out quite yummy and cheesy! Play with the spices to fit your taste buds.

-Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment